ABOUT ME

Welcome to my photography blog.

I purchased my Nikon D80 in 2006 and began what I call "shooting expeditions" around my area on Sundays. I'd pick a location and then snap everything I thought looked good through the lens of my camera. I never had any training and didn't learn how to use this awesome camera but just let the "auto" setting do all the work.

My work was unified by a great feeling for the Cajun Culture of South Louisiana and a particular feeling for water.

Photos were captured with a Nikon D80 10.2 Megapixel SLR Digital Camera with the lens ranges from 70mm to 300mm.

I didn't do weddings or babies but I did produce stunning images for individual homes, corporate offices, industrial clients, and fine art collectors. All limited edition prints came with a hand-numbered Certificate of Authenticity.

I had lots of fun creating digital paintings, with a software program, using my original photographs.

The result of it all, was some pretty amazing photos. I purchased the finest quality fine art paper, all sizes of mats, a very large-sized poster printer, a state of the art display tent - and participated in a few art festivals. I was serious about starting a business but soon found out that there wasn't much interest in what I was trying to sell. It was also very hard work as I had no one helping out with the set up and take down.

So I sold my display tent for half of what I paid for it and no longer went on my Sunday rides looking for interesting shots to capture. However, I would like to display some of my work on this blog for those few who may enjoy what I have captured through "The Art of the Lens".


Banner

Banner
Banner

MY BOOTH

MY BOOTH
My booth at the Southdown Festival 2007.

Southdown Plantation

Southdown Plantation
Southdown Plantation - Houma, LA - from my Houma expedition

Grand Isle Tarpon Rodeo 2007

Grand Isle Tarpon Rodeo 2007
My Booth at the Grand Isle Tarpon Rodeo 2007

Saturday, November 9, 2013

FINE ART PRINTS

Welcome to my photography blog.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment